sqoop-user mailing list archives

From kishore kumar <kishore.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reg: Sqoop Import as parquet with hcatalog
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 04:54:53 GMT
Thanks for the quick response Szabolcs/Markus,

Our use case is to import data from sqlserver to hive table as parquet
format, In hive table we have Timestamp columns,

In our sqoop import job we are able to load data from DATETIME to TIMESTAMP
using --map-cloumn-hive option in text format,

But --as-parquetfile giving "ERROR tool.ImportTool: Imported Failed: Cannot
convert unsupported type: timestamp"

for this reason we gave a try with hcatalog, We hit “Error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Should never be used”,

Please suggest me if any other alternate will work.

Regards,
KK.