sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Attila Szabó <mau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Secure sqoop transfer
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 22:30:46 GMT
Hey Jagrut,

Do you have a specific RDBMS you'd like to use, or would you like to do it
in a generic way?

If A. You should check the specific JDBC driver for the driver/transport
level encryption options/properties, and feed it to the env execution your
Sqoop command (Sqoop itself right now cannot, and IMHO should not implement
it's own encryption solutions, as it has to happen on JDBC level).
if B. AFAIK there is no general solution for this in case of JDBC supported
Databases, but you could try to setup a secure + encrypted VPN network,
which will solve this to you out of the box.

My 2 cents,
Attila