Thank you for your inputs! Having something generic will be helpful, but for now SQL Server is the source system to start with. I'll try to explore these links and get some familiarity.

--
Jagrut

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 8:34 AM, Attila Szabó <maugli@apache.org> wrote:
Hey Sumit,

Thanks for the information. Most probably I've phrased my words in a confusing way.

I've meant that according to my knowledge there's no single out of the box free/open source solution for this (just a good example for that the properties+settings differs from RBMS to RBMDS JDBC to JDBC, etc.).
Of course it would be possible to create such a tool, but IMHO it would be out of the scope of Sqoop.

Thanks again Sumit for your additions!

Cheers,
Attila

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Sumit Sarkar <Sumit.Sarkar@progress.com> wrote:
For option B, there are a couple generic solutions available form my employer.

1) Generic Hybrid JDBC Connectors encrypts data over HTTPS and can run locally or hybrid and 2) SequeLink JDBC-JDBC Socket encrypts using TCP/IP. We use option #1 to load our internal data lake via Sqoop and sample scripts are here for a hybrid example but works similar if completely run on-premises.

From: Attila Szabó <maugli@apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 6:30 PM
To: "dev@sqoop.apache.org" <dev@sqoop.apache.org>
Cc: "user@sqoop.apache.org" <user@sqoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Secure sqoop transfer

Hey Jagrut,

Do you have a specific RDBMS you'd like to use, or would you like to do it in a generic way?

If A. You should check the specific JDBC driver for the driver/transport level encryption options/properties, and feed it to the env execution your Sqoop command (Sqoop itself right now cannot, and IMHO should not implement it's own encryption solutions, as it has to happen on JDBC level).
if B. AFAIK there is no general solution for this in case of JDBC supported Databases, but you could try to setup a secure + encrypted VPN network, which will solve this to you out of the box.

My 2 cents,
Attila