sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Charles Determan <cdeterma...@gmail.com>
Subject Sqoop2 failing to find log4j2
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:33:21 GMT
I have a Hadoop 2.8.0 installation and I have most recently download sqoop
1.99.7 on my Ubuntu 14.04 server.  The hadoop installation has been working
fine for some time now but I am encountering a problem when trying to
verify the sqoop installation.  I have posted this question on
StackOverflow (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43638899/sqoop2-not-finding-log4j2-from-hadoop)
but I thought perhaps it would be best to directly ask here.

I have following the directions here (
https://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.7/admin/Installation.html) but keep
getting the following error when I try to run `sqoop2-tool verify`

Setting conf dir: /usr/local/sqoop/bin/../conf
Sqoop home directory: /usr/local/sqoop
Sqoop tool executor:
        Version: 1.99.7
        Revision: 435d5e61b922a32d7bce567fe5fb1a9c0d9b1bbb
        Compiled on Tue Jul 19 16:08:27 PDT 2016 by abefine
ERROR StatusLogger No log4j2 configuration file found. Using default
configuration: logging only errors to the console.
Running tool: class org.apache.sqoop.tools.tool.VerifyTool
org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration
        at
org.apache.sqoop.security.authentication.SimpleAuthenticationHandler.secureLogin(SimpleAuthenticationHandler.java:36)
        at
org.apache.sqoop.security.AuthenticationManager.initialize(AuthenticationManager.java:98)
        at org.apache.sqoop.core.SqoopServer.initialize(SqoopServer.java:57)
        at
org.apache.sqoop.tools.tool.VerifyTool.runTool(VerifyTool.java:36)
        at org.apache.sqoop.tools.ToolRunner.main(ToolRunner.java:72)
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
        ... 5 more

The only thing others have suggested is possibly a version compatibility
issue but I thought it would be strange when the documentation states >=
2.6.0.  Any assistance would be appreciated,

Regards,
Charles