sqoop-user mailing list archives

From feng wang <wangfengfight...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to specify the column names when export HDFS data into MySQL tables?
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2017 03:33:20 GMT
I`m just testing the sqoop tools,actually I found when the column name
start with keys in MySQL like PRIMARY_people_name and the export job will
going to failed too with same error logs...
By the way int and double are  keywords for MySQL please see
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/keywords.html  and the* "`"*
is not single
quote but the *key on 'Tab' in keyboard*

Thanks for your remind and I run

> bin/sqoop export --connect jdbc:mysql://192.168.100.23:3303/IA --username
> "root" --password "password" --table "ALL_TYPES" --columns
> "bankcard,sex,HTTPStateCode,boolean,ip,array,map,idcard,phone,email,post,date,uniform_date,`int`,`double`,`string`"
>  --export-dir "/tmp/ALL_TYPES2.csv"  -m 1

It really works...

But this is just a temporary solution, so I want edit the source code
automatic add "`" for column names,this is just for MySQL,as for
oracle,postgreSQL shoud add others special char. So could you mind tell me
where the functions is in the source code? As I mentioned before it seems
workless..

> *org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.**getColumnNamesForRawQuery* as
> shows:
> code at 152: columns.add(colName); --> columns.add("`"+colName+"`");

> Hi,
>
> I am assuming that the reason you put single quotes around the last three
> columns : int, double, string is not to consider its original meaning(
> since they are data types). Please correct me if I misunderstood. If that
> is the case, you should provide that for string too. In the sqoop command
> you did not provide the single quotes around string column.  Can I ask you
> one question? Why do you want to name the columns as datatypes? Does it
> even possible? Interesting. The whole time I thought those are reserved
> words and could not use as an identifier. Does not feel like a good
> practice though!
>
> On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 7:51 PM, feng wang <wangfengfighting@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply. I have already used --columns argument like this:
>>>
>>> bin/sqoop export --connect jdbc:mysql://192.168.100.23:3303/IA
>>> --username "root" --password "password" --table "ALL_TYPES" --columns
>>> "bankcard,sex,HTTPStateCode,boolean,ip,array,map,idcard,phon
>>> e,email,post,date,uniform_date,`int`,`double`,string"  --export-dir
>>> "/tmp/ALL_TYPES.csv"  -m 1
>>

>> I use escape char* "`" * with column name*s "int" and "double"* but it
>> return following information:
>>
>>> 17/12/26 18:37:38 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.6
>>> 17/12/26 18:37:38 WARN tool.BaseSqoopTool: Setting your password on the
>>> command-line is insecure. Consider using -P instead.
>>> 17/12/26 18:37:39 INFO manager.MySQLManager: Preparing to use a MySQL
>>> streaming resultset.
>>> 17/12/26 18:37:39 INFO tool.CodeGenTool: Beginning code generation
>>> 17/12/26 18:37:39 INFO manager.SqlManager: Executing SQL statement:
>>> SELECT t.* FROM `ALL_TYPES` AS t LIMIT 1
>>> 17/12/26 18:37:39 ERROR sqoop.Sqoop: Got exception running Sqoop:
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: We found column without column
>>> name. Please verify that you've entered all column names in your query if
>>> using free form query import (consider adding clause AS if you're using
>>> column transformation)
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: We found column without column
>>> name. Please verify that you've entered all column names in your query if
>>> using free form query import (consider adding clause AS if you're using
>>> column transformation)
>>>         at org.apache.sqoop.orm.ClassWriter.generate(ClassWriter.java:
>>> 1671)
>>>         at org.apache.sqoop.tool.CodeGenTool.generateORM(CodeGenTool.
>>> java:107)
>>>         at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ExportTool.exportTable(ExportTool.
>>> java:64)
>>>         at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ExportTool.run(ExportTool.java:100)
>>>         at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:143)
>>>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)
>>>         at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:179)
>>>         at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:218)
>>>         at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:227)
>>>         at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:236)
>>

>> I checked the columns in MySQL table "ALL_TYPES" to ensure all column
>> names in my query.
>> Is there anything wrong with me?

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am not sure whether I understand your question. Why do you want to add
>>> the escape character to the column names? Did you try using the --columns
>>> argument in your Sqoop command. Can you please send the Sqoop command as
>>> well as the HDFS file format? Is HDFS file is in CSV form?

in update thread: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error
in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the
right syntax to use near 'int, double, string) VALUES ('bankcard', 'sex', 'HTTPStateCode',
'boolean', 'dom' at line 1

is any way to specify the table columns like translate* int to `int` & double to `double`*
in my case?

I could not find where the getColumnNamesForRawQuery is. I try to edit *org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.**getColumnNamesForRawQuery*