sqoop-user mailing list archives

From feng wang <wangfengfight...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to specify the column names when export HDFS data into MySQL tables?
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2017 03:52:31 GMT
Okay..I means the job finished without errors,and I check data in MySQL
database,all of values for columns "int","double" and "string" are null
[image: 内嵌图片 1]

> I am glad that it worked. Let me look into sourcecode. If you found out
> before me, please let me know.
>
> On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 9:33 PM, feng wang <wangfengfighting@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I`m just testing the sqoop tools,actually I found when the column name
>> start with keys in MySQL like PRIMARY_people_name and the export job
>> will going to failed too with same error logs...
>> By the way int and double are  keywords for MySQL please see
>> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/keywords.html  and the* "`"* is
>> not single quote but the *key on 'Tab' in keyboard*
>>
>> Thanks for your remind and I run
>>
>>> bin/sqoop export --connect jdbc:mysql://192.168.100.23:3303/IA --username
>>> "root" --password "password" --table "ALL_TYPES" --columns
>>> "bankcard,sex,HTTPStateCode,boolean,ip,array,map,idcard,phon
>>> e,email,post,date,uniform_date,`int`,`double`,`string`"  --export-dir
>>> "/tmp/ALL_TYPES2.csv"  -m 1
>>

>> It really works...
>>
>> But this is just a temporary solution, so I want edit the source code
>> automatic add "`" for column names,this is just for MySQL,as for
>> oracle,postgreSQL shoud add others special char. So could you mind tell me
>> where the functions is in the source code? As I mentioned before it
>> seems workless..
>>
>>> *org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.**getColumnNamesForRawQuery* as
>>> shows:
>>> code at 152: columns.add(colName); --> columns.add("`"+colName+"`");

>> :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am assuming that the reason you put single quotes around the last
>>> three columns : int, double, string is not to consider its original
>>> meaning( since they are data types). Please correct me if I misunderstood.
>>> If that is the case, you should provide that for string too. In the
>>> sqoop command you did not provide the single quotes around string column.
>>> Can I ask you one question? Why do you want to name the columns as
>>> datatypes? Does it even possible? Interesting. The whole time I thought
>>> those are reserved words and could not use as an identifier. Does not feel
>>> like a good practice though!

help, the problem is as follows:

Got exception in update thread: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server
version for the right syntax to use near 'int, double, string) VALUES ('bankcard', 'sex',
'HTTPStateCode', 'boolean', 'dom' at line 1
Method)

if there is any way to specify the table columns like translate* int to `int` & double
to `double`* in my case?

names,however, I could not find where the getColumnNamesForRawQuery is. I try to edit *org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.**getColumnNamesForRawQuery*