sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Ajana Chandiruthil Sathian <ajan...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Upsert option in Sqoop export command.
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2017 13:45:15 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ajana Chandiruthil Sathian <ajanacs@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 11:09 AM
Subject: Upsert option in Sqoop export command.
To: user@sqoop.apache.org

To whom ever it may concern,

I have a csv file in Hadoop and I did Sqoop export to Oracle. The column
data type order in ODS is number,date, date,float,varchar and the column
data type in the csv file is number,date, float,date,varchar and I used the
--columns sqoop argument to get control in column ordering and it worked.
But I could not control the column ordering when I was doing the upsert
operation in sqoop export. It is giving  me misalignment in ODS after
Sqoop( please see the attached image). The below given is the sqoop command:

sqoop export --connect ConnectionString \
--username xxx \
--password xxxx \
--table tableName \
--export-dir /dir/TestUpdate.txt \
--input-fields-terminated-by ',' \
--lines-terminated-by '\n' \
--update-key column_name \
--update-mode allowinsert \
--columns "id,START_DT,VAL,end_DT,QUALITY" \
-m 4