sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Tony Burton <TBur...@Sportingsolutions.com>
Subject please revise your input?
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:10:29 GMT
Hi,

I'm using sqoop 1.99.7 with hadoop 2.6.4 for the first time, and I'm having trouble setting
up a sqoop job. I've successfully created a couple of links, one is a JDCB connection to an
AWS Redshift database, the other an HDFS connection to a local Hadoop installation.

I'm following the guidelines at http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.7/user/Sqoop5MinutesDemo.html#creating-job-object
and https://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.7/user/CommandLineClient.html, and I am entering a
simple sql command (select distinct [field] from [schema].[table] where date>[date] and
${CONDITIONS}) , a file format (text), a compression codec (none), and an output directory
(/user/hadoop/redshift).

When all the data is entered, I get the error message "There are issues with entered data,
please revise your input:"

How do I find out what is wrong, and what I need to change? Are there any non-optional parameters
that I need to enter?

Thanks,

Tony

Tony Burton

e: tburton@sportingindex.com<mailto:tburton@sportingindex.com>

[https://media.sportingindex.com/zmsmedia/vsporting%20index/rebrand/sportingsolutions_logotype_rgb_v2.png]<https://www.sportingsolutions.com/>

This email and any attachments are confidential, protected by copyright and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, then the dissemination or copying of this
email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying
by email and then delete the email completely from your system. Neither Sporting Group nor
the sender accepts responsibility for any virus, or any other defect which might affect any
computer or IT system into which the email is received and/or opened. It is the responsibility
of the recipient to scan the email and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage
arising in any way from receipt or use of this email. Sporting Index Ltd is a company registered
in England and Wales with company number 2636842, whose registered office is at Gateway House,
Milverton Street, London, SE11 4AP. Sporting Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
UK Financial Conduct Authority (reg. no. 150404) and UK Gambling Commission (reg. no. 000-027343-R-308898-001).
Any financial promotion contained herein has been issued and approved by Sporting Index Ltd.
Sporting Solutions is the trading name of SPIN Services Ltd, a company registered in England
and Wales with company number 06268648, whose registered office is at Gateway House, Milverton
Street, London, SE11 4AP.