sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "qq" <987626...@qq.com>
Subject 回复: How to limit the number of rows to export data when using sqoopto export data from hdfs to oracle?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 12:32:56 GMT
Hello:
      First of all, thank you very much for your answer, I just started to touch sqoop, there
are many do not understand, you can explain in detail about the operation steps of sqoop export
work with views and the steps of exact dataset to sqoop using a CAST?

     thinks.
     I am looking forward to your reply!

发件人: "Per Ullberg";<per.ullberg@klarna.com>;
发送时间: 2017年12月1日(星期五) 晚上6:21
收件人: "user"<user@sqoop.apache.org>;

主题: Re: How to limit the number of rows to export data when using sqoopto export data
from hdfs to oracle?

Does Sqoop export work with Views? If not, you'll have to materialise the exact dataset you
want to sqoop using a CTAS.

regards
/Pelle

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 11:08 AM, Attila Szabó <maugli@apache.org> wrote:
Hey,

If you're trying to export from Hive into RDBMS I would suggest creating a Hive view and only
export the content of the view. Thus you could directly control the data quantity by the underlying
HiveQL query.

My 2cents,
Attila