Big Data Intern
Cars.com
http://ajanacs.com/

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 12:49 AM, qq <987626311@qq.com> wrote:
I created a hive view, through sqoop export data to oracle , the error message is as follows:
ERROR tool.ExporTool:Encoountered IOException running export job:java.io.IOException:java.lang.NullPointerException
Is sqoop currently exporting hive view data?

发件人: "Markus Kemper"<markus@cloudera.com>;
发送时间: 2017年12月1日(星期五) 晚上9:24
收件人: "user"<user@sqoop.apache.org>;
主题: Re: 回复: How to limit the number of rows to export data when using sqoopto export data from hdfs to oracle?

Hey Team,

Not sure a VIEW with export will work.  If I recall export with --hcatalog is not aware of HMS VIEWs, need to test.

Markus Kemper
Customer Operations Engineer

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 8:00 AM, Attila Szabó <maugli@apache.org> wrote:
Hey,

IMHO it's CTAS which stands for "Create Table As Select".

On the front of views :
The question is more than valid if Sqoop supports it or not. I do remember a problem we've faced 1-1.5 year ago in connection with Hive + Hcatalog + Sqoop,  and that was not supported because of some missing Hive Serde implementation. I'm not sure if this problem exists with standard Hive views and Sqoop export command, but you should give a try.

The thing what could be problematic with views:
A View is a result of a select statement by design. But in Hive every HiveQL command is translated to a map/reduce job. But Sqoop also works with map/reduce jobs and thus it tries to read files from the HDFS ( because of data locality and things), so this might be a clashing problem here, but as I've advised you should give it a try.

With CTAS:
It should definitely work, because in this case Hive will store the filtered results in a different Hive table ( == HDFS directory)  and thus export dir is your friend. :)

Were I able to clarify everything or do you have further questions?

Cheers,
Attila