sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Tony Burton <TBur...@Sportingsolutions.com>
Subject RE: please revise your input?
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2018 16:33:52 GMT
Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the reply.

I’m not running a sqoop command yet, I’m setting up the Job object as described in the
link below. Because I can never get further than the error message “There are issues with
entered data, please revise your input:”, I can’t proceed to run the job, and without
further guidance on what input to revise, I don’t know how to complete the creation of my
Job object.

Can you see anything wrong with the details I have entered? Here’s a copy of the info I’m
entering (a blank line means I’ve entered hit CR at that prompt, also I have obfuscated
my schema, table and column names for this email):

sqoop:000> create job -f "sqoop-link-redshift" -t "sqoop-link-hdfs"
Creating job for links with from name sqoop-link-redshift and to name
sqoop-link-hdfs
Please fill following values to create new job object
Name: sqoop-job-import-test

Database source

Schema name: sqoop
Table name: sqoop
SQL statement: select distinct [field] from [schema].[table] where [date field]>20180101
and ${CONDITIONS};
Column names:
There are currently 0 values in the list:
element#
Partition column:
Partition column nullable:
Boundary query:

Incremental read

Check column:
Last value:

Target configuration

Override null value:
Null value:
File format:
  0 : TEXT_FILE
  1 : SEQUENCE_FILE
  2 : PARQUET_FILE
Choose: 0
Compression codec:
  0 : NONE
  1 : DEFAULT
  2 : DEFLATE
  3 : GZIP
  4 : BZIP2
  5 : LZO
  6 : LZ4
  7 : SNAPPY
  8 : CUSTOM
Choose: 0
Custom codec: 0
Output directory: /user/hadoop/redshift
Append mode:

Throttling resources

Extractors:
Loaders:

Classpath configuration

Extra mapper jars:
There are currently 0 values in the list:
element#

 There are issues with entered data, please revise your input:
Name: sqoop-job-import-test

Thanks!

Tony