sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Szabolcs Vasas <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sqoop usernames
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2018 10:33:18 GMT
Hi Olav,

Sqoop uses HiveCLI by default to import the data into Hive and it does not
support specifying custom username and password.
We have already implemented a way to connect to HiveServer2 and execute the
import through it (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3299) just
like Beeline does but it is not yet released and it only supports Kerberos
authentication at the moment.
What Sqoop version do you use?

Regards,
Szabolcs