sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Olav Jordens <Olav.Jord...@tenzing.co.nz>
Subject Sqoop usernames
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2018 02:44:19 GMT
Hi Sqoop Users,

I have bumped into an odd issue. I am using sqoop import to extract from Oracle to HDFS. I
have the Oracle username and password for extracting the data, but would also like to supply
the Hive username and password. How can that be done? The reason is that Sqoop client is installed
on a box where I have only a generic username that is not available in Hive. When I use beeline
from this box, I can access Hive by providing username and password. Also when I use sqoop
list-databases I can access Oracle using the Oracle username and password. However, for sqoop
import I will need to supply both the Oracle and the Hive credentials. How can I do this?
(I have seen reference to using export $HADOOP_USER_NAME but not password)

Thanks,
Olav

Olav Jordens | Senior Manager | T +64 (0)9 362 3208 | Mobile +64 022 620 2429
Tenzing - Management & Technology Consultants | http://www.tenzing.co.nz/

This email is confidential and subject to our standard Tenzing disclaimer which can be viewed
on our website at www.tenzing.co.nz/disclaimer<http://www.tenzing.co.nz/disclaimer>