sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Olav Jordens <Olav.Jord...@tenzing.co.nz>
Subject RE: Sqoop usernames
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2018 22:55:21 GMT
Hi Szabolcs,

Thanks for getting back to me. We are using Cloudera 5.15 with Sqoop 1.4.6 included as standard.
Your JIRA is certainly of interest for us. Which version of Sqoop are you targeting for this
development?

Regards,
Olav

From: Szabolcs Vasas <vasas@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 27 November 2018 11:33 PM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sqoop usernames

Hi Olav,

Sqoop uses HiveCLI by default to import the data into Hive and it does not support specifying
custom username and password.
We have already implemented a way to connect to HiveServer2 and execute the import through
it (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3299) just like Beeline does but it is not
yet released and it only supports Kerberos authentication at the moment.
What Sqoop version do you use?

Regards,
Szabolcs

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 3:44 AM Olav Jordens <Olav.Jordens@tenzing.co.nz<mailto:Olav.Jordens@tenzing.co.nz>>