To the best of my knowledge the only way to use Sqoop export with Parquet is via the --hcat options, sample below

sqoop export --connect $MYSQL_CONN --username $MYSQL_USER --password $MYSQL_PSWD --table t2 --num-mappers 1 --hcatalog-database default --hcatalog-table t1_parquet_table

Markus Kemper
Cloudera Support