storm-user mailing list archives

From Laurent Thoulon <laurent.thou...@ldmobile.net>
Subject Is there a way to share an opaque state across topologies ?
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 07:53:44 GMT
Hi ,

I've completly reworked one of my topologies so that it reads from only one aggregated spout
instead of three spouts. The final operation is still the same though: persistentAggregate-sum
the data to cassandra.
I'm using a KafkaSpout and a CassandraMap both in an opaque way. Now can my old topology and
my new topology run at the same time and upgrade the same state ?

For what i understood i'm afraid the answer will be no as there will be a problem having two
separate txids.

This leads me to an other question: if i just replace my old topology with the new one, does
having changed the spouts will change the txid and again make the opaque state update faulty
?

Regards ,
Laurent