storm-user mailing list archives

From David Crossland <da...@elastacloud.com>
Subject Re: storm.yml conflict, which one to use?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 13:38:38 GMT
To my (rather limited) knowledge storm.yaml should be consistent across all locations. It can
be overridden in your topology jar.

From: howard chen<mailto:howachen@gmail.com>
Sent: ?Tuesday?, ?8? ?April? ?2014 ?14?:?28
To: user@storm.incubator.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.incubator.apache.org>

Hi,

I deployed storm into different machines

a. nimbus
b. ui
c. supervisor

Let say I want to set the "worker.childopts", if my value of this
setting in the nimbus' storm.yml and supervisor storm.yml are
different, which value will storm cluster use?

I ask this because I have seen that in the storm ui, it is showing the
nimbus value instead of the supervisor value, which is quite
unexpected.