storm-user mailing list archives

From Kashyap Mhaisekar <kashya...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka Rebalance exceptions in Storm
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 02:56:37 GMT
Hi,
I consistently get the following exception when I submit a storm topology
using StormSubmitter. I am using 0.8.2 Storm.
The spout I use is a Kafka High Level consumer thats custom written.

When I submit the same topology using LocalCluster, it works fine. Am I
missing anything

*kafka.common.ConsumerRebalanceFailedException:
Sample_Kafka_client_abcd_com-1396492916541-2f28228c can't rebalance after 4
retries*
*        at
kafka.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector$ZKRebalancerListener.syncedRebalance(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:432)
~[stormjar.jar:na]*
*        at
kafka.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.kafka$consumer$ZookeeperConsumerConnector$$reinitializeConsumer(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:722)
~[stormjar.jar:na]*
*        at
kafka.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.consume(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:212)
~[stormjar.jar:na]*
*        at
kafka.javaapi.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.createMessageStreams(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:80)
~[stormjar.jar:na]*
*        at
kafka.javaapi.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.createMessageStreams(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:92)
~[stormjar.jar:na]*

*2014-04-02 21:41:58 b.s.util [INFO] Halting process: ("Worker died")*

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Kashyap