storm-user mailing list archives

From Jason Jackson <jasonj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replacing DRPC With Kafka
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 01:50:17 GMT
Never tried this. The DRPC Server is horizontally scalable, you can launch
as many as you want, and spread your clients connections across all the
servers.

I think the idea with DRPC is that it's suppose to be very low latency
between request&reply e.g. if it's used to power a website. Kafka will add
at least 1 second latency afaik with it's default settings as I believe you
can't consume from Kafka until the producer produces and there's an fsync.
There might be way to disable this in kafka (while sacrificing durability).