storm-user mailing list archives

From Jason Jackson <jasonj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Topology is stuck
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 01:02:01 GMT
An example of "corrupted input" that causes a batch to fail would be for
example if you expected a schema to your data that you read off kafka, or
some queue, and for whatever reason the data didn't conform to your schema
and the function that you implement that you pass to stream.each throws an
exception when this unexpected situation occurs. This would cause the batch
to be retried, but it's deterministically failing, so the batch will be
retried forever.