storm-user mailing list archives

From "Quentin de G." <quentin.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whole topology restarts when a worker crash
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 11:18:36 GMT
OK, seems all this was a misunderstanding of how Trident works.

I allowed 2 supevisor slots on each machine, but kept 1 worker per machine.
When I killed machine A, worker from machine A took the unused slot on
machine B. First worker slot didn't restarted. I then restarted machine A
and rebalanced the topology. Only one worker was moved.
This is the behaviour I expected.

To put it in a nutshell : Always reserve empty slots for fault-tolerance.
Thanks again for the time you took Anuj :)