storm-user mailing list archives

From Spico Florin <spicoflo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Curiosity
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:54:32 GMT
Hello!
  If you'd like to deploy your storm topology on Amazon cloud you can use
the https://github.com/KasperMadsen/storm-deploy-alternative. Kasper has
helped me a lot with the installation.
I try it and it works fine with this configuration:
cluster:
    - t1.micro {MASTER,UI}
    - t1.micro {WORKER}
    - t1.micro {WORKER}
    - t1.micro {ZK}
    - storm-version "0.9.0.1"
    - zk-version "3.4.5"
    - image "us-east-1/ami-35dbde5c"
    - region "us-east-1"
    - remote-exec-preconfig {cd ~, echo hey > hey.txt}
    - remote-exec-postconfig {}

Also, you can use Nathan's Marz storm-deploy as described here:
https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm and also in this message:
http://qnalist.com/questions/4792578/can-be-storm-deploy-script-used-for-deploying-storm-0-9-x-version-on-amazon

The only thing that I could not succeeded is to start my topology on the
cluster from my Windows 7 client. Have anyone try it? If yes, where the
storm.yaml should be located.. In my case was  pu in
C:\Users\myuser\.storm. You can see my entire discussion with Kasper here:

https://github.com/KasperMadsen/storm-deploy-alternative/issues/1

I'll appreciate if anyone can help me to understand how to deploy my
topology from Windows 7 on cloud (or cluster).

I'll look forward for your answers .
  Regards,
  Florin