storm-user mailing list archives

From "Poling, Raymond " <raymond.pol...@citi.com>
Subject RE: Logging issues in Storm
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 15:12:09 GMT
Try looking under $STORM_HOME/logs/worker-SLOT.log for the worker that is running your code.
SL4j and log4j get bridged back to Storm's native logback logger.

From: Kashyap Mhaisekar [mailto:kashyap.m@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2014 9:10 AM
To: user@storm.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Logging issues in Storm

Hi,
For making Log4j logs to work in storm, what needs to be done?
I have used both Slf4j and Log4j directly and it works when executed as a standalone java
program (Logs get printed where they need to). However, the moment I submit cluster (StormSubmitter)
or LocalCluster, the logs dont appear.

Even Sysouts dont get printed. I see some of the sysouts in Supervisor.log but the sysouts
from spouts and bolts are not there anywhere.

I came across cluster.xml under .../storm/logback which seems to indicate all loggers should
be configured here?

Any ideas on what I might be missing?

Regards,
Kashyap