storm-user mailing list archives

From david@elastacloud.com <da...@elastacloud.com>
Subject Re: Curiosity
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 17:01:27 GMT
Thanks for the great info.

Regards
Dacid

----- Reply message -----
From: "Svend Vanderveken" <svend.vanderveken@gmail.com>
To: <user@storm.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Curiosity
Date: Tue, Apr 1, 2014 17:48

David,

Keep in mind that there is a scope difference between putting configuration
in your code/deployed topology and putting it in storm.yaml on each node:
in the former case the parameters will be global for all your topologies
whereas in the later case they only apply to one specific topology.

As Patricio correctly mention, it is recommended to use deployment
automation tools to ensure conherence of deployed configuration files.
Tools like Storm are meant to be used "at scale" => on many hosts => it is
assumed that we have some kind of deployment automation system to assist us
in the management of that IT landscape.

Cheers,