Thanks for the direction. I don't see my logs there. I am still to try out modifying the cluster XML for adding additional appenders.

Do the logs come in the worker logs even if it is a local cluster mode too?

Thanks!
Kashyap

On Apr 5, 2014 10:12 AM, "Poling, Raymond" <raymond.poling@citi.com> wrote:

Try looking under $STORM_HOME/logs/worker-SLOT.log for the worker that is running your code. SL4j and log4j get bridged back to Storm’s native logback logger.

From: Kashyap Mhaisekar [mailto:kashyap.m@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2014 9:10 AM
To: user@storm.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Logging issues in Storm

Hi,

For making Log4j logs to work in storm, what needs to be done?

I have used both Slf4j and Log4j directly and it works when executed as a standalone java program (Logs get printed where they need to). However, the moment I submit cluster (StormSubmitter) or LocalCluster, the logs dont appear.

Even Sysouts dont get printed. I see some of the sysouts in Supervisor.log but the sysouts from spouts and bolts are not there anywhere.

I came across cluster.xml under .../storm/logback which seems to indicate all loggers should be configured here?

Any ideas on what I might be missing?

Regards,

Kashyap