http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2012/10/16/understanding-the-parallelism-of-a-storm-topology/

On Apr 1, 2014 2:47 PM, "Huiliang Zhang" <zhlntu@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks. It should be good if there exist some example figures explaining the relationship between tasks, workers, and threads.

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 6:34 AM, Susheel Kumar Gadalay <skgadalay@gmail.com> wrote:
No, a single worker is dedicated to a single topology no matter how
many threads it spawns for different bolts/spouts.
A single worker cannot be shared across multiple topologies.