storm-user mailing list archives

From János Háber <janos.ha...@finesolution.hu>
Subject Re: Sample project using Storm and Kafka (using Scala 2.10)
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 23:48:14 GMT
Dear Taylor, I love your work, but:
- I don't want to build myself
- Dependent libraries (like tormenta-kafka) need a cross compiled version
of storm-kafka, without this they need to clone the project, change the
group id, handle every changes by hand, and publish to central repository.
- I need to have own maven repository to store the cross compiled version
(which need to be public if somebody want to use my application) and
maintain the changes
- I think hand made library is the best way to make a project to unstable,
because if I clone the project I need to clone tormenta-kafka project too
and handle myself both version changes, solve the compatibility issues,
etc...

I know how can I compile to 2.10 by hand, but all other project (example
kafka, which is apache project too) has cross compiled version in CENTRAL
maven repository, if a project required a cross-compiled scala library - my
oppinion - the project need to provide cross-compiled version too, no
exception.

b0c1

János Háber
Fine Solution Ltd