storm-user mailing list archives

From Srinath C <srinat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: storm scheduler behavior
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 01:06:21 GMT
Hi Weide,

I haven't found any material on this matter. But as far as I could figure
out, the strategy seems to try to evenly divide the total number of
executors among the worker processes. If a particular spout/bolt has
multiple executors, it tries to span them across all the worker processes.

However, I could not find out if the topology layout or groupings between
the components have any role to play in the distribution.

Regards,
Srinath.