storm-user mailing list archives

From Anis Nasir <aadi.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to read from beginning of the topic storm-kafka-0.8-plus
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 12:11:55 GMT
Dear all,

I am using Storm 0.9.1-incubating, along with kafka 0.8.1.1 with
storm-kafka-0.8-plus. Initially, the library worked fine and was able to
fetch messages from a kafka topic. However, after running the topology few
times, now I am unable to fetch any message from the kafka topic. I believe
it is a problem to set the offset from the beginning of the topic. I have
tried setting

kafkaConfig.startOffsetTime = -2;
and also
kafkaConfig.forceFromStart = true;

However, none of these parameters force the spout to read the messages from
beginning of the topic. I would really appreciate any help in this regard.

Regards

Anis