storm-user mailing list archives

From Bilal Al Fartakh <alfartaj.bi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Output of storm topology?
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 08:49:28 GMT
HI hamza !
if you want to see the result  you can try programming your bolt to save
results emitted from the spout/bolt  on a file .
as example :

PrinterBolt :

package storm.starter;

import backtype.storm.topology.BasicOutputCollector;
import backtype.storm.topology.OutputFieldsDeclarer;
import backtype.storm.topology.base.BaseBasicBolt;
import backtype.storm.tuple.Tuple;
import java.io.File;
import java.io.BufferedWriter;
import java.io.FileNotFoundException;
import java.io.FileWriter;
import java.io.IOException;

public class PrinterBolt extends BaseBasicBolt {

  @Override
  public void execute(Tuple tuple, BasicOutputCollector collector) {

try {
 BufferedWriter output;
output = new BufferedWriter(new
FileWriter("/root/src/storm-starter/hh.txt", true));
output.newLine();
output.append(tuple.getString(0));
output.close();
  } catch (IOException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}

  }

  @Override
  public void declareOutputFields(OutputFieldsDeclarer ofd) {
  }

}

then add your bolt to the main class topology

    TopologyBuilder builder = new TopologyBuilder();

PrinterBolt P = new PrinterBolt();
    builder.setSpout("word", new hhhhh( ), 1);
    builder.setBolt("exclaim1", new ExclamationBolt(),
3).shuffleGrouping("word");
    builder.setBolt("exclaim2", P , 2).shuffleGrouping("exclaim1");

--
*Al Fartakh Bilal*