storm-user mailing list archives

From Harsha <st...@harsha.io>
Subject Re: is there a way for kafka spout to read from written zookeeper offset
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 13:51:29 GMT

if you set spoutConfig.forceFromStart=true it will cause KafkaSpout to
ignore the existing offsets stored in the zookeeper and starts reading
from the beginning of the queue. It makes sense to have it in for the
first time you deploy the topology and for the next runs ( kill and
redeploy topology) make sure you turn off the forceFromStart.