storm-user mailing list archives

From Harsha <st...@harsha.io>
Subject Re: supervisor.slots.port setup from storm config
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 17:30:08 GMT

Kushan, Did you try modifying logback/worker.xml . Since you have
multiple topologies if they have distinct java packages you can add per
package log4j config to worker.xml . You probably might see duplicate
logging in worker-port.log files additional to the topology log files.
Thats one way I would try separating out topology logging . -Harsha

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014, at 09:23 AM, Parth Brahmbhatt wrote:
> Harsha is right, if you are trying to do this as part of topology
> submission, even though the param will get accepted it will have no
> effect. On Dec 4, 2014, at 9:01 AM, Parth Brahmbhatt
> <pbrahmbhatt@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> As the error suggests it needs to be an utterable, you can add it by
>> using the following line, the second arg must be a collection.
>> *config.put(Config.SUPERVISOR_SLOTS_PORTS,
>> Lists.newArrayList(7000));*
>>
>> On Dec 4, 2014, at 8:58 AM, Kushan Maskey
>> <kushan.maskey@mmillerassociates.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way I can set supervisor_slots_port in the config in the
>>> topology class? I tried to set it up like below
>>>
>>> *config.put(Config.SUPERVISOR_SLOTS_PORTS, 7000);*
>>>
>>> but I get error as below. *InvalidTopologyException(msg:Field
>>> supervisor.slots.ports must be an Iterable of java.lang.Number*

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kushan Maskey
>>> 817.403.7500
>>> M. Miller & Associates[1] kushan.maskey@mmillerassociates.com
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of
> the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
> information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
> disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
> the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing,
> copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of this
> communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and
> delete it from your system. Thank You.

Links:

  1. http://mmillerassociates.com/