storm-user mailing list archives

From 이승진 <sweetest...@navercorp.com>
Subject Re: is there a way for kafka spout to read from written zookeeper offset
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 05:08:47 GMT
thanks for comment.

even though I restart topology and obviously there exists offset information in zookeeper,
 "No partition information found, using configuration to determine offset" happens.

I'm using spoutConfig.forceFromStart = true; is this option has something to do with that?
what exactly does that option mean?

-----Original Message-----
From: "Harsha"&lt;storm@harsha.io&gt;
To: &lt;user@storm.apache.org&gt;;
Sent: 2014-12-02 (화) 02:27:58
Subject: Re: is there a way for kafka spout to read from written zookeeper offset

KafkaSpout will read  last committed offset from zookeeper. If there is no offset in the zookeeper
than only it will use configured startOffsetTime.  Can you check in your worker logs after
restarting your topology for this message "No partition information found, using configuration
to determine offset"
-Harsha