storm-user mailing list archives

From "Brunner, Bill" <bill.brun...@baml.com>
Subject RE: storm jar alternative
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 12:58:22 GMT
So your code still relies on Nimbus to propagate the fatjar to the other nodes?

From: John Reilly [mailto:jr@inconspicuous.org]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2014 8:57 PM
To: user@storm.apache.org
Subject: Re: storm jar alternative

Strictly, I think the answer is yes but not the way you are thinking.  I use some code based
on StormSubmitter to start a topology without using storm jar.  In my case I create 2 artifacts...the
fatjar and another one that is used to read existing configs, create the topology and submit
the topology to the nimbus.  So technically it does not use storm jar, but I'm not sure if
that helps you.

On Mon Dec 01 2014 at 11:37:01 AM Brunner, Bill <bill.brunner@baml.com<mailto:bill.brunner@baml.com>>