storm-user mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error-reporting format in Storm UI (0.9.0)
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:07:07 GMT
Hi Vic,

That’s an issue with the Storm UI. Feel free to submit a JIRA ticket.

-Taylor

On Nov 26, 2014, at 6:57 PM, exhausted hamster <exhausted_hamster@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all, wanted to bump up the below question just in case someone has the answer and
missed my first inquiry.

> Thanks,
> Vic
>

> On Sunday, November 16, 2014 1:25 AM, Exhausted <exhausted_hamster@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> In the Storm UI if I navigate to the page for a particular bolt there is a section at
the bottom that shows errors associated with the bolt.  The timestamps shown for the error
messages are of a form like this:

> Fri, 07 Nov 2014 19:53:55 +0000
>
> The errors are displayed in sorted form, but because the timestamps start with the day
of the week we don't end up with a true oldest->newest (or vice versa).  For example, if
we sort in ascending order we'd see the Friday errors, then the Monday errors, then the Wednesday
errors.  Does anyone know how I can have the timestamps in the UI displayed in a different
format (like YYYYMMDDHHmmss or something similar)?