storm-user mailing list archives

From Ajay <ajay.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject Clarifications on Storm
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 11:37:32 GMT
Hello,

I work for an eCommerce company. Currently we are looking at building a
Data warehouse platform as described below:

DW as a Service

REST API

SQL On No SQL (Drill/Pig/Hive/Spark/Storm)

No SQL databases (One or more. May be RDBMS directly too)
    | (Bulk load)
My SQL Database

I wish to get a few clarifications on Apache Drill as follows:

1) Can we use Storm on No SQL or do we need to mix them with
Pig/Hive/Spark or any other for any reason?
2) Can Storm be used a query interface for Business Intelligence,
Analytics and Reporting
3) Do Storm supports only Hadoop, HBase?. We may use
Cassandra/MongoDb/CouchBase as well.
4) Do Storm supports RDBMS too?. We can have a single interface to pull
out  data from multiple data sources?
5) Any recommendations(not limited to usage of Storm) for our specific
requirement described above.

Thanks
Ajay

Note : I have posted a similar post on the Drill and Spark User list as
well as I am not sure which one best fits for our usecase.