Hi Taylor,

After writing my own producer with a custom round-robin partitioner, it seems the problem is solved now. Here’s my topology:

        BrokerHosts brokerHosts = new ZkHosts(_kafkaZkConnect);
        TridentKafkaConfig kafkaConfig = new TridentKafkaConfig(brokerHosts, _topic);
        Stream inputStream = _topology.newStream("bytes", new TransactionalTridentKafkaSpout(kafkaConfig))
                .parallelismHint(_numKafkaPartitions).name("reading-kafka")
                .each(new Fields("bytes"), new Reporter(graphiteConfig, "tuples", "received")).name("reporting-to-graphite");

Best regards,
Huy, Le Van
INSIGHT@ NUI Galway
Lower Dangan, IDA Business Park,Galway, Ireland