On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM, yuhao <yuhao@easyway.net.cn> wrote:
Hi,

We have built some topology based on tomdz's storm-epser API on github and things went fine.
But considering esper engine management, it seems hard to implement it in storm. Say I need a console where the states of esper engines in the cluster can be illustrated in diagrams, if one engine instance is created in every bolt, how am I supposed to get their states?
One way is to send some GetStateRequest to spout, the spout then forwards the request to some bolt (whose id can be specified in the request), and the bolt sends the state to, say ZeroQ, which can finally return to the request sender. Well, it's too complicated, I think. Are there any more practical suggestions?

Best regards,

Hao Yu
Center for High-speed Railway Technology, Tsinghua University (CHRT)
Addr: 1117 LiuQing Building, Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.CHINA, 100084
Fax: 86-10-62788330
Email:yuhao@easyway.net.cn