storm-user mailing list archives

From Harsha <st...@harsha.io>
Subject Re: the external Zookeeper in Local mode
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 05:12:16 GMT
LocalCluster should be used for debugging a topology . There is another
constructor you can use
LocalCluster cluster = new LocalCluster("localhost", new Long(2182));
first param is zookeeper host and second is the port.
-Harsha

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015, at 07:48 PM, Shivendra Singh wrote:
> Hi Clay,
>
> The zookeeper info provided to KafkaSpout is external zookeeper which is
> used by Kafka and where all the host/partition information for Kafka is
> stored.
>
> When you run storm in local mode, it spins up an in-memory zookeeper for
> storm where it keeps data related to nimbus/supervisors, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Shivendra
>

> > On Feb 3, 2015, at 7:23 PM, clay teahouse <clayteahouse@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a topology running in local mode. The topology uses kafkaspout and is configured
to use the external zookeeper. But when I start the topology, I see the following:

> >  org.apache.storm.zookeeper.ZooKeeper - Initiating client connection, connectString=localhost:2000

> > I also messages like the following:
> >
> > No partition information found, using configuration to determine offset
> >
> > I am not sure if these two messages are related.
> >
> > Questions:
> > 1) Why storm is employing the in-memory zookeeper when I have configured the spout
to use the external zookeeper.
> > 2)How do I force storm to use the external zookeeper?
> > 3) Why am I getting the message No partition information found, using configuration
to determine offset? What configuration is it referring to?