storm-user mailing list archives

From Harsha <st...@harsha.io>
Subject Re: Why is the toplogy.workers is hardcoded to 1
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2015 20:44:15 GMT

Are you settting numWorkers in you topology config like here
https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/examples/storm-starter/src/jvm/storm/starter/WordCountTopology.java#L92

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015, at 12:40 PM, Srividhya Shanmugam wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Harsha. We have distributed supervisor nodes (2)
> and a nimbus node. The storm.yaml file has topology.workers property
> commented out. When
 a topology gets submitted that has one spout and a bolt with
 parallelism hint of 10 for each, before 0.9.3 upgrade storm distributes
 this work across multiple worker process. The supervisor slots
 configured in the three nodes has a value 6701, 6702, 6703.

> When such topology is submitted in storm now(after the upgrade), it’s
> just one worker process that gets created with 21 executor threads.
> Shouldn’t storm distribute
 the work?