storm-user mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query regarding Metrics per worker vs per task
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 01:05:13 GMT
The combination of host + port is enough to uniquely identify a worker in the cluster. Just
be aware that if a worker dies or is killed, it might be reassigned to a different slot (host/port).

-Taylor

> On Feb 5, 2015, at 2:01 PM, Chinmay Soman <chinmay.cerebro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to monitor the CPU/memory usage per worker (or JVM). The way we're doing this
in our setup is to send these metrics for the registered metric name using a Graphite reporter.
Currently, this metric name is constructed using the following components:

> <topology-specific-name>.class-name.metric-name.componentID.taskID
>
> The problem with this naming is that each task redundantly reports the same value (in
case of JVM related metrics). What I really want is one metric per worker instead of per task.

> Is there any way to get a logical worker ID  ? From the documentation it seems like there
is a worker port (which probably keeps changing). Or is there a better way to do this ?