storm-user mailing list archives

From Jason Kania <jason.ka...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: Question About Emitted, Transferred and Acked Bolts
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 21:56:15 GMT
Nathan,
I only get spout failures. None of my bolts fail. Are all failures on a spout going to be
associated with timeout? If not, how would one know the difference? Hence my question about
whether it would be possible to track timed-out acks explicitly.
Thanks,
Jason

      From: Nathan Leung <ncleung@gmail.com>
 To: user <user@storm.apache.org>; Jason Kania <jason.kania@ymail.com>
 Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 4:52 PM
 Subject: Re: Question About Emitted, Transferred and Acked Bolts

If your processing takes a long time they may be timing out.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Jason Kania <jason.kania@ymail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. My traffic is only one or two tuples per second in the current
environment so I would not expect that to be the problem. I do have failures. Hence, I was
wondering if slow acking was the problem. In stepping through the processing, I know the failures
aren't in the bolts themselves. That is why I thought it strange.