storm-user mailing list archives

From JunLuo <mailforle...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: problems with kafkaspout
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 01:09:42 GMT
I use maven and dependencies is as follow:
<dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId>
            <artifactId>kafka_2.10</artifactId>
            <version>0.8.1.1</version>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.apache.zookeeper</groupId>
                    <artifactId>zookeeper</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>log4j</groupId>
                    <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.storm</groupId>
            <artifactId>storm-core</artifactId>
            <version>0.9.3</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.storm</groupId>
            <artifactId>storm-kafka</artifactId>
            <version>0.9.3</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <version>3.8.1</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

At 2015-02-05 23:45:19, "Prajwal Tuladhar" <praj@infynyxx.com> wrote:

Seems like jar dependency issue.

How are you configuring your app's jar dependencies (maven, gradle, sbt)?

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 1:19 AM, JunLuo <mailforlearn@163.com> wrote:

hi everyone,

    In my topology, my kafkaspout has many problems and I don't know how it happens
  1. the latency is very high , I have 10 kafkaspout and the average latency is up to 10k
ms
  2. Failed number is very high, the number of failed is about 50% of emitted tuple.
  3. An error often occurs, the error info is :

     java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.yammer.metrics.Metrics
at kafka.metrics.KafkaMetricsGroup$class.newTimer(KafkaMetricsGroup.scala:52) at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseMetrics.newTimer(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:25)
at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseMetrics.<init>(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:26)
at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStats.<init>(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:37)
at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStatsRegistry$$anonfun$2.apply(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:50)
at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStatsRegistry$$anonfun$2.apply(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:50)
at kafka.utils.Pool.getAndMaybePut(Pool.scala:61) at kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStatsRegistry$.getFetchRequestAndResponseStats(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:54)
at kafka.consumer.SimpleConsumer.<init>(SimpleConsumer.scala:39) at kafka.javaapi.consumer.SimpleConsumer.<init>(SimpleConsumer.scala:34)
at storm.kafka.DynamicPartitionConnections.register(DynamicPartitionConnections.java:60) at
storm.kafka.PartitionManager.<init>(PartitionManager.java:64) at storm.kafka.ZkCoordinator.refresh(ZkCoordinator.java:98)
at storm.kafka.ZkCoordinator.getMyManagedPartitions(ZkCoordinator.java:69) at storm.kafka.KafkaSpout.nextTuple(KafkaSpout.java:135)
at backtype.storm.daemon.executor$fn__3373$fn__3388$fn__3417.invoke(executor.clj:565) at backtype.storm.util$async_loop$fn__464.invoke(util.clj:463)
at clojure.lang.AFn.run(AFn.java:24) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

     java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at kafka.metrics.KafkaMetricsGroup$class.newTimer(KafkaMetricsGroup.scala:52)
[...]
at clojure.lang.AFn.run(AFn.java:24) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Shutdown in progress at java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.add(ApplicationShutdownHooks.java:66)
at java.lang.Runtime.addShutdownHook(Runtime.java:211) at com.yammer.metrics.Metrics.<clinit>(Metrics.java:21)

   My storm version is 0.9.3 and kafka version is 2.9.2-0.8.1.1,and kafkaspout is the external
of storm 0.9.3. and my kafka topic have 20 partitions. can anyone tell me how to fix it?

    thanks for any response.

Jun.

--

-- Praj