storm-user mailing list archives

From clay teahouse <clayteaho...@gmail.com>
Subject the external Zookeeper in Local mode
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 03:17:26 GMT
Hi,

I have a topology running in local mode. The topology uses kafkaspout and
is configured to use the external zookeeper. But when I start the topology,
I see the following:

 org.apache.storm.zookeeper.ZooKeeper - Initiating client connection,
connectString=localhost:2000

I also messages like the following:

No partition information found, using configuration to determine offset

I am not sure if these two messages are related.

Questions:
1) Why storm is employing the in-memory zookeeper when I have configured
the spout to use the external zookeeper.
2)How do I force storm to use the external zookeeper?
3) Why am I getting the message No partition information found, using
configuration to determine offset? What configuration is it referring to?

thanks,
Clay