storm-user mailing list archives

From Yury Ruchin <yuri.ruc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query regarding Metrics per worker vs per task
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 20:47:51 GMT
Hi,

The worker slot ports are somewhat being statically configured for Storm
cluster (
https://storm.apache.org/documentation/Setting-up-a-Storm-cluster.html) and
my understanding is that configured ports should not change. After all,
these ports are what workers' receive threads use when doing interprocess
communication (
http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2013/06/21/understanding-storm-internal-message-buffers/
).

I think it can (and should) be checked experimentally, by killing worker
process and observing which port will the worker re-created by supervisor
occupy.

Regards,
Yury