storm-user mailing list archives

From Alex Merritt <merritt.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring topology internal queues size
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:53:49 GMT
I wanted to revive this question. Is there a method to determine what tuple
queues exist and what their sizes are? If not, I can only think of creating
a queue within my own Bolts and create a separate thread that actually
performs the work, pulling items off the queue, while the execute()
function simply accepts a tuple and appends to the queue.

I'm asking as Bolts in a topology I have generate many new tuples with each
they receive, and would like to learn where there might be delays further
down the pipeline.

Thanks,
Alex