storm-user mailing list archives

From Ruslan Khafizov <ruslan.khafi...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues running starter WordCountTopology with ant-javafx.jar in class path
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 14:01:46 GMT
Hi All,

I have an issue with running storm-starter WordCountTopology from
IntelliJ on LocalCluster.

IntelliJ adds all jvm jars to start line and this breaks WordCountTopology.
I copied start line IntelliJ produces to run WCT from command line. I
removed all jvm jars and

java -classpath "./target/classes:$STORM_DEPS" storm.starter.WordCountTopology

works fine. But if I add $JAVA_HOME/lib/ant-javafx.jar to the class path

java -classpath
"./target/classes:$STORM_DEPS:$JAVA_HOME/lib/ant-javafx.jar"
storm.starter.WordCountTopology
fails with
python: can't open file 'splitsentence.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I set up a breakpoint at ShellProcess line 53 builder.directory(new
File(context.getCodeDir()));

And listed files in directory TopologyContext provides - there are
only some javafx related files but no splitsentence.py. It looks like
somehow ant-javafx.jar interferes with resource distribution in local
cluster.

Can be also reproduced using mvn launcher

mvn compile exec:exec -Dstorm.topology=storm.starter.WordCountTopology

javafx dependency needs to be added to the pom.xml and argument config
for exec:exec

<dependency>
  <groupId>oracle.jdk</groupId>
  <artifactId>javafx</artifactId>
  <version>1.7.0</version>
  <scope>system</scope>
  <systemPath>${env.JAVA_HOME}/lib/ant-javafx.jar</systemPath>
</dependency>

<arguments>
  <argument>-classpath</argument>
  <classpath/>
  <argument>${storm.topology}</argument>
</arguments>

https://github.com/kharus/storm/compare/javafx-issue

Reproduced with Java 7 on OSX and Linux.

Can please anyone confirm this is an issue or it's just my local problems.

Regards,
Ruslan