storm-user mailing list archives

From Kosala Dissanayake <umaradi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: questions on task, threads and workers
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 23:37:10 GMT
1. The default number of tasks for an executor thread is 1. So if you just
specify the parallelism for a bolt as 3, you will have 3 executor threads.
Since the default num of tasks for an executor thread is 1, this means you
will get 3 tasks.

You can increase the number of tasks for an executor thread from the
default 1 by using setNumTasks.

2. I don't think that's possible.

3. No. The number of workers is just the number of processes to which
executors can be allocated. If you have less workers, more executors will
be assigned to each worker and vice versa.

http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2012/10/16/understanding-the-parallelism-of-a-storm-topology/
is
a pretty good introduction to these concepts