storm-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Leung <ncle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question About Emitted, Transferred and Acked Bolts
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:19:13 GMT
As Michael noted these values are sampled (by default) and are therefore
not precise.  If they are close to each other (within 20, possibly more
depending on your traffic) they are probably the same.  If you are really
not acking tuples (the ack value is really lower) you will see failures at
the spout increase.  In practice I cannot think of any scenario where you
would have more acks than executes in your bolt.