storm-user mailing list archives

From Chinmay Soman <chinmay.cere...@gmail.com>
Subject Query regarding Metrics per worker vs per task
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 19:01:00 GMT
Hey all,

I'm trying to monitor the CPU/memory usage per worker (or JVM). The way
we're doing this in our setup is to send these metrics for the registered
metric name using a Graphite reporter. Currently, this metric name is
constructed using the following components:

<topology-specific-name>.class-name.metric-name.componentID.taskID

The problem with this naming is that each task redundantly reports the same
value (in case of JVM related metrics). What I really want is one metric
per worker instead of per task.

Is there any way to get a logical worker ID  ? From the documentation it
seems like there is a worker port (which probably keeps changing). Or is
there a better way to do this ?

Please let me know.

--
Thanks and regards